When you think of a luxury living room, what comes to mind? Do you picture an ornately carved mahogany sofa or a glass coffee table filled with beautiful orchids? Maybe it's the shiny finish of a chandelier or the plush feel of high-quality carpet. Or maybe it's the warmth of a fire in the fireplace and the perfectly poured glass of scotch by your side. Whatever your definition, we've got some ideas for you!
1. Add a chandelier. No other lighting fixture communicates the same level of class and sophistication as a chandelier does. Whether it's crystal or wood, modern or vintage, hanging from the ceiling or mounted on a wall, there is no wrong way to implement this lighting option in your home—but there is definitely a right way to choose one for your space.
2. Ottomans come in a wide range of styles and colors, so you can find one that matches your room perfectly and makes you feel proud of your space. You can use them for seating or just as decoration, depending on what you prefer. And because they're so versatile, they make it easy to keep things from getting stale—if you're tired of having an ottoman in the same spot, just move it! You'll have a new look for your space in no time.
For the truly luxurious, consider adding a leather ottoman to your living room. Leather is durable and timeless, so it will last a long time while also breathing new life into your space. If leather isn't quite your speed, consider velvet—it's just as luxe.
3. You want something that will make your guests say "wow." You want something that will make all of your friends jealous. You want—you got it—marble.
Marble is the answer, whether you're looking to impress or just get rid of your old, worn-out furniture or flooring. You can use marble to add some class to your coffee table, or you can go all out and invest in marble floors. Whichever direction you go in, marble surfaces are perfect for a luxurious living room.
4. A statement ceiling is also a great way to add some visual interest to your living room without cluttering it up with more furniture or decorations. Remember: just because you have a lot of space doesn't mean you should fill it up with stuff. Instead, consider using your ceilings as an opportunity to make a statement—and enhance your enjoyment of the space in the process! You can check out all our different finishes over here.
5. If you want a look of luxury, gold is the color to go for. Gold-framed mirrors, lamps with gold finishes, candle holders, art pieces—the list goes on! For a lavish feel, use gold accents in small doses throughout the living room: a gold candle holder here, a gold-framed mirror there. This adds texture and interest without being too over-the-top.
6. Lighting plays an important role in creating the right mood for your living room space. Consider using dimmable lights that can be adjusted based on the time of day or activity so that you can create an atmosphere that feels just right for you and your guests.
We offer personalized lighting services, and you can learn everything about them over here.
We hope these ideas were helpful! We love aiding our clients in their search for the perfect home. If you think a stretch ceiling is the perfect fit for your home, just fill out this form and we will answer any doubts you have.