Spring cleaning is a great way to have a fresh start and face warmer months with a different, more positive predisposition. We know that keeping track of everything you have to do can be daunting and it can feel like a herculean effort. We can help you organize your thoughts and tasks! We’re attaching a printable version of this checklist, so you can keep track of what you have (or haven’t) done yet.
Get your printable checklist
Before we get specific, here are some guidelines for all your rooms:
- Vacuum places that might collect dust: the small nooks of your house also collect dust! You can vacuum under furniture and under sofa cushions to make sure you’re getting rid of all the dirt.
- Mop the floors: now’s the time the extra mile and mop your floors instead of just sweeping or vacuuming.
- Clean windows: we don’t just mean wiping them, you can also deep-clean the windowsills and the shutters if you have them.
- Dust light fixtures and ceiling fans
- Remember the smaller objects: doorknobs and light switches can accumulate dirt if you don’t remember to wipe them every once in a while!
- Wash your garbage cans
- Clear drawers and cupboards and dust the interior: there’s a lot of dust and particles that can be stored after a long time inside closed spaces.
- Donate any objects that are no longer in use: the Konmari method has become progressively more prominent, and for a good reason! If something doesn’t spark joy, someone in need might make better use of it. You can read more about Marie Kondo’s work on her website.
- Vacuum carpets and shake area rugs
- Wash all the bedding and the curtains.
- Clear out your closet and donate the clothes you don’t wear anymore.
- Once the closet is empty, dust it thoroughly.
- Organize desks and work areas.
- If you have kids, wash their stuffed animals.
- Clean lamps and lampshades, they collect a lot of dust.
- Dust furniture and decor (you can go even further and polish your furniture!).
- Dust television and computer screens.
- Vacuum sofas and chairs.
- Wash sofa cushions, pillowcases, and curtains.
- Clean your medicine cabinet: dispose of any make-up and medicine that has expired.
- Clean the tub and the sink.
- Clean the toilet, inside and outside.
- Clear the drain if it’s blocked.
- Wipe the mirror (and its frame!).
- Empty the fridge and the freezer and clean them. Check the expiration date of all the food that’s inside.
- Empty all the cupboards and dust them. Check that none of the food in the pantry is expired.
- Clean inside the oven and the microwave. Wipe the stovetop.
- Clean all surfaces.
- Wipe sink and unblock the drain, if necessary.
Best of luck in your cleaning endeavors! We’re dedicated to making your spaces look as polished as they can be, in every single way. You can learn more about our company and our products on our website, and we offer a free consultation if you are looking for a Stretch Ceiling of your own! Just call us at +1 (844) 326 7326 or email us at email@example.com.